Thinking about feeding your dogs with the tempting food you eat?
Well, think about it again. Not everything you find delicious and nutritious is healthy for your dogs too. Feeding them with the meals that are healthy for your body can be toxic and dangerous for their health.
Here is a list of few food items that you should avoid feeding your dogs with-
Coffee, Caffeine, and Chocolates-You must be already aware of ill-effects of serving any kind of chocolates to your dogs. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) points out the presence of methylxanthines in coffee, caffeine, and chocolates which can be very harmful to your dog’s health.
- Alcohol- Alcohol can be toxic not only to your health but even to your dog’s health. Feeding them with alcoholic beverages or food products may lead to vomiting, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, breathing difficulties, and coma or death. Avoid feeding your dogs with any alcoholic product because even a little consumption may cause great damage.
- Onions, Garlic, Chives, and Leeks- All of these are a part of the allium family and may lead to gastrointestinal irritation in dogs. Powdered, raw, cooked, or dehydrated- all their forms can kill the red blood cells in your dog’s body, causing anemia.
- Milk, Ice Cream, Cheese, and Dairy Products- Small doses of milk or other dairy products won’t harm your dog’s health. But feeding them with any such food item can result in digestive upsets and may even trigger food allergies.
- Avocado- The presence of persin in avocado can cause problems like diarrhea, vomiting, and heart congestion in dogs. The pit in avocado can choke in the intestines or stomach. If your dog eats a small piece of avocado, it is probably fine but avoid feeding them in large quantities.
- Salt and Salt foods- Salt as well as salty foods like chips, popcorn, and pretzels are bad for your dogs. Sharing salty foods with your dogs is never a good idea. These can make your dogs thirsty and can even lead to sodium ion poisoning.
- Candy, Gums, Peanut Butter, and Baked Goods- Xylitol in sweets cause an insulin surge through your dog’s body leading to a drop in blood sugar levels or liver failure.
Further, there exists a long list of food items that are bad for your dog’s health.
Not everything you have on your table is good for your dog’s body. So, opt wisely for what you feed your dogs with. Besides, the above-mentioned list of foods, regularly feeding your dogs with kibble can also be unhealthy. The nutrients in kibble are lost during the heat process which is then replaced by flavor enhancers and synthetic nutrients. Even the most expensive dry kibbles can harm your pet’s body.
What should I feed my dog?
Feed healthy fresh food to your dogs and see how gracefully they grow and how healthy they remain. Check for any food allergies that your dog suffers from and serve them with the meal right for their body. Also, read the ingredients carefully before buying food for your dogs. The better you serve them, the healthier and happier they will be.
"Get freshly-cooked food for your dogs, delivered at your doorsteps now! Visit poonch.in"