Human foods that are healthy for your dogs too
by Surya Gopal
Feeding dogs with the right meal is what every dog parent looks for. A nutritious, and balanced diet is very essential for your dogs to maintain their healthy body.
Photo By pixabay.com
Dogs and humans metabolize food differently, so certain foods that are good for you may not be necessarily good for your pooch.
Here is a list of few food items that you can feed your dogs too -
- Carrots- Being low in calories and high in fibers and Vitamin A, carrots can make a perfect snack for your dogs. While both raw and cooked carrots can be healthy for your dog’s, raw carrots can be very beneficial for their teeth.
- Cooked Chicken- Cooked chicken is a healthy meal and is safe for most of the dogs. You can slip it into their bowl along with the regular food to add extra protein to their diet. Boneless or skinless chicken meat without any spices or marinades can be a good meal additive for your dogs.
- Eggs- Eggs in any form- scrambled, poached, or hardboiled are safe to serve your dogs. For an adult dog, you can feed them with one egg a day but for smaller ones, prefer half an egg, or skip a day.
- Bone Broth- Bone broth can provide enormous health benefits to your dogs and is a perfect healing potion as well. It improves digestion, reduces inflammation, alleviates joint pain, strengthens the bones, muscles, and ligaments, and boosts the immune system.
- Apples- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, apples can be equally healthy for your dogs too. These are a good source of Vitamin A and C and are highly rich in fibers. Remember to slice them up and remove seeds before giving them to your dogs.
- Green Beans- Vets highly recommend green beans for dogs that are overweight. Green beans are low in calories and high in fibers.
- Watermelons- It is safe to serve your dogs with watermelon slices as long as there are no rind or seeds. The fruit can be a healthy supplement as it is low in calories and full of nutrients.
- Oatmeal- Plain oatmeal tends to provide a lot of fibers as well as some vitamins and minerals to your dog’s body. Feed it in moderate amounts if you don’t want your dogs to gain too much weight.
Well, the options are never less. You can feed your pup from a long list of food items that are healthy and nutritive for their body.
Dogs always love treats in their meals. You can feed them with fruits like- strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and pineapples and also include vegetables like- mushrooms, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and more in their diet plans. Well, never forget to look out for the items that seem healthy but are toxic for your dog’s body.
Feed them fresh foods to keep them healthy
Avoid feeding your dogs always with dry food or kibbles. Processed foods have added preservatives and synthetic nutrients which can be bad for dogs in the long run. If you can't fully replace them try adding some of the above foods to your pooch’s daily diet.
Every dog is unique and their body has different nutritional requirements as well. Consider feeding your dogs based on their size and activity levels and consult your vet for their diets if required.
Feeding them with fresh and healthy meals will keep them fit as a fiddle for life long.
"Get freshly-cooked food for your dogs, delivered at your doorsteps now! Visit poonch.in"